F2i finalises the agreement for the sale of PTI Italia (ex Towertel)
Milan, 15 December 2022 – F2i Sgr, the largest independent infrastructure fund manager in Italy, has finalised the agreement for the sale of the 18% it holds in PTI Italia to Phoenix Tower International, which purchased the remaining 82% of PTI from Ei Towers in April 2021.
PTI Italia (ex Towertel) is a leading independent operator in Italy in telephone infrastructure management. The company grew over the years under the guidance of EI Towers (company 60%-owned by F2i’s Third Fund) and today operates about 2,600 mobile phone towers providing network services to telecommunication operators and wireless internet service providers. In 2021, PTI Italia recorded revenues of €44 million and an adjusted EBITDA equalling €29 million.